Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Best Corn Chips in the World

Recently, I hosted a party at my home for friends who married this year.  A featured appetizer was chips and salsa.  I roasted tomatillos for salsa and served them with some new corn chips.  The chips just happened to be the best I've ever had in my life -- and my guests were in full agreement!  (The salsa was a hit too.)

They are called XOCHiTL - Totopos de Maiz (corn chips).  The company name is pronounced so' cheel.

The bag describes them as thin and crispy and they lived up to this claim.  These chips are the thinnest, crispiest, tastiest, corn chips I've ever tasted.  Try them!  I think you will agree they are the best.  They even won a "Best in the Nation" award.

The website includes a map showing where you can buy XOCHiTL products.  In our area, they are available at Whole Foods and Wild Oats markets.  Our local specialty food store, Idylwilde Farms, also sells them.

If you love chips and salsa, chips and guacamole, or corn chips in general, you have to try these.  You will love them!

1 comment:

Cheflette-To-Be said...

If you LOVE tortilla chips & have never really had THE perfect one, I second Michael's motion: these chips really taste more like corn than corn does: unspeakably delish! Check out XOCHiTL website link for where to buy locally (wherever you are)or to order online. They even describe what they do that's different: baked, then flash-fried. Not to mention jazzy holiday packaging for Christmas. Anyone needing hot tips for gift ideas?