Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Back with a Kick


I have a recommendation that will add kick to your food. Several years ago, I had a layover in Dallas. Always on the lookout for specialty food items and local favorites, I discovered Jardine's salsas and hot sauce in an airport gift shop! There were no free samples, so I had to wait until I got home to sample my purchases. I was not disappointed.

If you like hot sauces, you will enjoy Jardine's Texas Champagne. Just look at this bottle:


Texas Champagne and Tabasco are very similar. Both are made from aged cayenne peppers, vinegar and salt. Texas Champagne lists "timely aged cayenne peppers" first and vinegar second, while Tabasco has more vinegar than peppers. This is my go-to hot sauce.

Use this fiery concoction to spice up eggs, add extra kick to a mild salsa, or add heat to your favorite dip. I like to dip artichokes in a mixture of mayonnaise, Worchester Sauce and Texas
Champagne. This dip has a moderate kick.

You can order Jardine's products online and many specialty stores and some local grocery stores sell their projects. These products make excellent gifts. Check out the website for more information & ideas.  Until next time, spice it up!

1 comment:

Cheflette-To-Be said...

"Texas Champagne" has more going for it than just the name. Although unlike Michael I prefer a low-level of HOT peppers seasoning my food, this sauce works quite well at reduced caliber too, for just a hint of heat without permanent destruction to any major body parts (mouth, stomach, large or small intestines.) VERY flavorful stuff.